Are you looking for a delicious and healthy start to your day, sans meat? Our amazing plant-based Breakfast Sausage Patties won’t lead you astray!
Using a nutritious combination of hemp seed, brown rice, and pea protein, along with a perfect blend of seasonings that even meat-eaters will love, our culinary experts have crafted a veggie sausage patty sure to please the most discerning palates. Whether served alongside your usual morning scramble or added to your favorite egg sammie or omelet, every 100% vegan patty is packed full of fiber and complex carbs, vitamins, essential fatty acids (including omegas 3, 6, and 9), and a whopping 11 grams of protein per serving.
Available in two varieties – Hot or Mild – they’re also non-GMO and completely free of any eggs, gluten, or soy.
Hemp-Based Superfoods: What’s Not to Love?
At Planet Based Foods, we obviously love hemp. And not just because it’s a delicious and nutritious source of complete protein. We also love hemp because it’s amazingly sustainable. So sustainable that it just might offer a realistic, plant based path to saving the planet.
Skeptical? Well, just consider these facts:
- The root system of the hemp plant grows long enough to tap into underground water reserves, meaning it requires far less water than other traditional crops. Those deep roots also help prevent erosion by holding the soil together.
- By producing and returning large quantities of bushy biomass (renewable organic material) to the soil, hemp regenerates the ground it’s grown in.
- Hemp can be grown without pesticides since it’s naturally resistant to insects, diseases, and fungi.
- The hemp plant absorbs far more CO2 (one of the greenhouse gasses responsible for climate change) than any other forest or commercial crop. Because it requires little in the way of irrigation, thrives in tight spaces, and will grow just about anywhere, hemp offers a realistic and nutritious solution to world hunger – a top sustainability goal.
- Thanks to its insulative and biodegradable properties, not to mention its carbon-sequestering efficiency, hemp could potentially replace many of the non-renewable materials – textiles, plastics, even vehicle fuels – we humans rely on every day.
So, there you have it. Hemp-based superfoods are delicious, nutritious, and potentially planet-saving. What’s not to love?