1000 Calorie Vegan Diet - Examples of What to Eat and When
A 1000-calorie vegan diet is designed for quick weight loss, and the logic behind this plan is simple. Give your body fewer calories and an opportunity to re-set, and you will lose weight more rapidly, even with little or no exercise.
Depending on your caloric expenditure, at 1,000 calories, a vegan diet can set you up to lose a healthy 1 to 2 pounds per week and includes a variety of nutritious foods and balanced meals to make sure you're getting the nutrients you need each day, whether you're a full-time vegan or just looking for healthy options.
What To Eat
The selection of foods for a 1000-calorie diet should be done carefully to create a healthy vegan menu that will get you the desired results.
- The 1000-calorie diet plan should incorporate foods that are rich in vitamin B, protein and sustainable superfoods
- The diet demands a reduction in whole food types, like carbs or trans fats, as your body requires nutrition to improve overall health
- Calcium can be included by drinking milk alternatives like oat milk. Do not ignore fruits and vegetables
- Fruits like oranges, cantaloupes, kiwi, pears, strawberries, and numerous other berries that offer minimal calories can be used in salads
- Green veggies like spinach, celery, zucchini, broccoli, and artichokes are rich in vitamins and minerals besides being low-calorie ingredients
- Planet Based Burgers and crumbles are a terrific option for a main course for lunch or dinner
When To Eat
We have found 16/8 intermittent fasting to be an easier and less restrictive option for weight loss and feeling energized. Basically, you restrict your food intake to an 8-hour window and fast for the remaining 16 hours. This practice supports weight loss, improved blood sugar, and increases longevity.
Most people prefer to eat between noon and 8 p.m., since you only need to fast overnight and skip breakfast but can still eat lunch and dinner.
Reach your diet and nutritional goals with a calorie calculator that has weekly meal plans at Eat This Much. The need for a person’s vegan diet/meal plan to suit their body and their activity level differ. These recommendations are a helpful guide but shouldn’t be served as a substitute for a consultation with a nutritionist or doctor.
We would love to hear from you on how you are progressing on your 1000 Calorie Vegan Diet - what worked? What didn’t work?